How and Where to Attend MohBad’s Candlelight Service and Tribute Concert
Today, fans are gathering to give the late music star the send-off he deserves.
More than a week after the passing of Nigerian singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, popularly known as MohBad, a candlelight service and tribute concert will be held in Lagos on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
Numerous rallies have taken place across Nigeria, with many youths demanding an investigation into his sudden demise and allegations of maltreatment by his former record label, Marlian Records.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event in Lagos:
Location: The procession of mourners will commence at the Lekki Phase One gate and proceed to Muri Okunola Park in Victoria Island.
Start Time: The procession begins at 5 p.m.
Dress Code: Mourners are expected to wear white t-shirts.
Concert Start Time: The tribute concert for MohBad is scheduled to commence at 8 p.m. following the procession.
Concert Venue: The concert will take place at Muri Okunola Park.
Guidelines for the Candlelight Procession and Tribute:
- Wear a white T-shirt.
- Arrive on time at the starting point (Lekki Phase One) on or before 5 p.m.
- Obey the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA).
- Obey the Nigerian police force, the Nigerian army, security officers, and all safety marshals.
- Walk in pairs.
- No sharp objects, bottles, or weapons are allowed.
- Parking is available at the Nigerian Law School.
- If you hear or see something, report it to any of the security officers on the scene.